Semester 2 Studio Module – Catalogue
Finally feel happy about how my catalogue looks. Having spent a lot of time developing and redeveloping my catalogue I feel that I have settled on something that I am happy with. Although it has taken a long time and I have changed my mind several times about the layout and content I feel that all of this development is beneficial because it has caused me to learn a lot of different ways of laying out as well as how to use InDesign. Not only this but it caused me to try out using illustrations which is something that I hadn’t created or used in my work. Although I haven’t used them for the final catalogue because it didn’t work for the content or layout it gave me insight in to how they could work for other documents as well as confidence in drawing which I feel stemmed from the fine art module.
Semester 2 Studio Module – Timeline
This is the part of the semester 2 studio module that I feel a lot more confident about. I think the one thing that I struggled with was the vast amount of information that needed to be included within the catalogue which somewhat threw me. Although there isn’t a finished piece for this as of yet I have started my development and sketchbook work and have a large amount of varied research that I can put to good use. I feel confident that this is a piece that will look effective but at the same time will communicate really interesting information.
Semester 2 Support Module – E Publishing
This has probably been my favourite support module that I have done since starting the course. From researching it is clear to see that E Publishing is a relatively new thing as there isn’t much information available on it just yet. However from the research it is obvious that by doing this module I already have an distinct advantage over other potential employees for job posts then people who haven’t. Not only had it helped with the digital side of things but it has also been beneficial in terms of layout as it requires the idea of editorial design as well.
Although it is not entirely finished yet I do feel like I have a substantial amount completed and I’m on the way to creating something that not only looks good layout wise but that has all the features of digital design.
Although these pages do look good there are still some things that need tweaking such as typefaces; choosing ones that are legible for displays not print. Size of buttons- so that they are the right size to be clicked easily by the user. I am however really pleased with how it is starting to look and I think with a little bit more research and development it will turn out really sleek and interesting.