Had felt up until now that the pages really weren’t working. Couldn’t quite put my finger on what was wrong with them but something wasn’t working and Im trusting my instinct in knowing that they were not working. I think the main reason was probably the use of my illustrations. I had tried numerous styles of illustration within the pages but the pages still felt uncomfortable to me to look at so I have decided to try and revise the style somewhat.
Above are a few of the experiments that I have been doing. A few things that I have been considering are trying to portray more contextual information within my pages. To do this I have been thinking about colours of dresses and textures/patterns and have portrayed them using “swatches.” Although this is working I think that its not necessarily that interesting to look at and the squares make it look quite obvious.
Things that are working well;
- Line drawing of dresses- do think that they could look quite interesting abstract on the page.
- List of dress information- allows the user to pick out specific information easily with ought having to read lots of body text.
- Black page with designer focus- think this really works to create contrast on the page and a focal point.
Things that arnt working well;
- The fact that the pages would all take on the same appearance could become quite boring to the viewer.
- Quite an obvious layout needs to be shaken up a bit and made less obvious.